Saturday, May 14, 2011

Carl Bloch Exhibit at BYU

6 May 2011




Our family had decided 6 months ago that we wanted to go to Provo to see the Carl Bloch art exhibit that was at BYU. We have made many trips to BYU in past 6 months but always with another purpose so we ended up with the final two days of the exhibit upon us.  Sounds like me, doesn't it? Im the great procrastinator. We decided  to make the trip and off we went. 3 hrs. later we were in Provo. There was especially heavy traffic from Salt Lake to Provo in the construction zones.

Well, we went to Provo. Eve brought along her best friend, Skylar and we all enjoyed the most wonderful evening. What beautiful art that brought such a wonderful spirit.


Finally after 3 hrs, we arrive.

BYU rented is IPad's which was ourr tour guide and explained each painting and gave you a photos in complete panoramaic vision of the church where these Alter pieces call home. All these paintings came from various churches in Denmark and neighboring Countries. What a treat to view all these paintings in one location. Never will anyone have this opportunity again. It was an honor to be able to view these remarkable paintings.



Roger is standing in line to Rent an Ipad just $3.

The rest of us are standing in line to enter the exhibit. Good thing Dad is in the line to rent the ipads while we are waiting in line to go in.. saving time.


Eve, Skylar and Fuzuki are making new friends while standing in line,

  



They were all so wonderful. I was touched by many of the photos, When I came to one, it brought tears to my eyes and it touched my heart.... only because I can relate to it so well, it is the old woman feeding the irds. I love the paintings of Christ, they are beautiful and very reverant and spiritual. However, probably because of my love of birds, the tiny creatures, my heart was truly touched by the old woman who gave of her meager meal to share with one of Gods creatures...  If you know my love of birds and how I feel a need to feed  them, then you can understand my bonding to this old woman. She is beautiful. Of all the paintings I saw by Carl Bloch, this is the one I'd love to have in my home.


I hope that you enjoy the photos. We loved them all. All of them were inspiring. Well worth the trip to Provo. In the next room at the MOA, there was a huge cube made of books. When the exhibit is done on that the books will be donated, I was told. It was pretty inspiring as well.  Matthew told me it was ok to take pictures in that part of the musuem, since the other parts were NO PHOTO Zone.. I pulled out the camera and took this picture.. well, it only took 2 seconds for the security guard to come and give me a curt warning that there are no photos allowed in the MOA. He told me I could keep the one that I took, but NO MORE.. Ok. I am grateful for the ones that I have and the ones that I sneeked. ;)

Since we left home right after school was out, we were all hungry, so even though it was late, we all stopped at the Golden Coral in Orem and we treated Matt and Priscilla to dinner with us. They had met us at the exhibit when they were finished with work and we all had a great time. Skylar and Eve spent so long gazing at the ipads and reading every morsel, the security guy came and told them they had to move from the room they were in, they could go back, but they had to move... I don't think Eve and Skylar understood what he was telling them and they remained right where they had been til they were completed in reading about all the paintings that reside in the Castle.  Very intersting information.


We were very pleased with the use of our time and our childrens hunger for the knowledge of such good things. I can't express how pleased I am in my daughter and her choice of friends. We love Skylar. He will be putting in his papers for a mission in the next year and then be gone for two years.  I hope that when he returns that he and Eve continue a relationship and friendship. He is a wonderful young man.


                        Skylar, Fuzuki, Eve, Priscilla, Matt and Roger

No comments:

Post a Comment