Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Cell phone search




This morning began with my sweet husband looking for his cell phone. He is really pretty great about not putting his things down where they do not belong. So, this was a little out of character for him. This search began early, since I am a night owl, 6:30am is early to me. I was trying to have compassion and got out of bed to join the search.After looking on counter tops, desk tops, inside couches and recliners, and even inside his shoes at the foot of our bed I suggested that perhaps it fell off his belt while he was walking the pooches last night. Which, while he considered that a possibility continued to tell me that he was pretty sure that he had it when he returned and that he has misplaced it in the home.

After about an hour of searching, not too many places to search in our home, so I once again recommended that he retrace his walk from last night, before someone runs over it in the road. He doubted that it was, but given that he should be on his way to Salt Lake City today to work, he agreed it was worth a try, but again said that he thought he had placed in somewhere in the house.

He put his coat on and checked the yard, then returned into the house and went through each room again and even going through the garbage can at his desk before taking it out, since this is garbage day in our neighborhood. Once again I reminded him that he might want to go on that walk and check as we are not finding it in the home. Oh we tried calling the cellphone, but of course, it went straight to voicemail suggesting that his battery is DEAD. So, He then went on his walk. When he exited the home, I quietly spoke with our Father in Heaven in his behalf. His cell phone contains important information including schedules, phone numbers that he relies on for his job and for our family he even has our family genealogy inside his phone.

Within a few moments he returned to the house. I asked if he was sucessful, and indeed he was. He found it laying in the road a block from our house. We are grateful for a loving Heavenly Father who hears and answers our prayers.

This morning my husband is grateful for a persistent wife, who pushed him to retrace his walk on a cold morning when he really didn't want to have to do it. Well, the day got an early start.....for me.

Todays project is a huge one, I am working on the Ward Year in Review Video. This is a joy to produce. I absolutely love doing this project each year. It takes me approx. One to two hrs of work for every minute of video produced. In the end it is a wonderful work of love. I try my best to make a nice video that everyone will enjoy. Well, need to get to work on it once again.

Hulk is laying at my feet as I work on this today. It's a cold day so I am grateful for the opportunity to stay inside.

2 comments:

  1. Gwen, Good for you starting a blog! I loved your story today. I need to remember prayer for when I can't find something. I tend to save it for the big things, don't know why. I can't wait to see the Ward In Review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carol, I read everyones blogs all the time, but you inspired me to write one of my own. Thanks.. maybe.. hehe.
    Losing Rogers cell phone is a BIG deal in our family. Oh, do you mind if I use some of your photos from your blog for the video? How many races did you run in last year?

    ReplyDelete