Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Emotions

Over the last week we have been seeing and hearing about the horrible earthquake in Haiti. My heart breaks. Being a nurse, I questioned my family if I should volunteer to go. My heart wishes to make a contribution of physical help. My family said "NO". I was needed here. I am not sure what their concerns are, but I know that having a family here I do need to be a Mom and be here for them. It's hard to turn off the "Nurse". I don't have financial funds to go there but do have the time. Instead I'll make contributions to help through the humanitarian center with the LDS Church.

My heart wishes to adopt one of those sweet little children who need someone to love them. I have had the opportunity to have given birth to two children in my life and I have numerous others that I claim as mine and I have 3 step-children from my current marriage, and having been married a few times, I have an additional collection of step-children. Yet, while we don't have alot and are not rich in this world by any means, however, we would appear rich to anyone from that area of the world. We are so blessed!! We have so much. I would gladly open my heart to take and love a child who needed a Mom to love them.

I am feeling emotional as the end of last week, we are told that Rogers cousin had a stroke, and wasn't doing well. She is in a Coma. She is the same age as my husband. They used to play together and at all the family reunions she would bring her horse to give rides to the little kids. Through the week they say that Marti, is doing a little bit better. She is still non-reponsive, yet they say that she smiles when someone she recognizes enters the room.

Then yesterday, we received an email that stated that Uncle Ellis had a fall and has fractured both his hips. He is on coumadin and thus they delayed surgery. Today we are told that he is now in a coma and is not expected to live. They have not done any surgery. He is aged, and has not been in great health. I know that when I saw him 2 years ago at the family reunion in Idaho Falls, I was concerned then that he might not live alot longer. His eyes are failing. Perhaps thats why he fell.

Now, with at least one funeral possibly pending in the week ahead and having Young Women's and the ward video to complete I am a bit stressed.

I love people and hate to see them in pain or suffering. I pray for the people in Haiti, for our family members who are ill and in pain.

I had a dear friend come to visit me today and it was wonderful to see her. She gave me a wonderful HUG. Hugs are the most theraputic non-medicine treatment that I know.
So, tonight, I hope that everyone has someone to HUG, kiss and know that you are loved.

1 comment:

  1. Life is just a churn of emotions sometimes. That's so wonderful that you wanted to go to Haiti and help! I can't wait to see the ward video! I've really been enjoying getting to know you better! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete